Monday, April 25, 2011

Choripan


What is it? Choripan

Okay, but what IS it? Chorizo, a thick and fatty sausage, served as a sandwich on crusty white bread. I chose to top mine with roasted eggplant, marinated onion, purple cabbage, green herbs in oil, and olive mayonnaise.

What circumstances led to this extremely classy hot dog? The amazing, incredible Leon took me to enjoy this for Easter morning breakfast. I watched a grandpa teach his grandson how to ride a bicycle while he told me about the architectural history of Argentina. We had to change tables because the smoke from the grill was too strong at the first, but at the second, pollen from the cattails kept trying to land in my 7-Up. It was perfect. Try as I might, though, I couldn't finish the whole thing!

Where can I find some? This particular Choripan came from a street vendor in Puerto Madero, one of (if not the) most expensive areas in Buenos Aires. According to Leon, each cubic square foot of space costs $4500.

If Puerto Madero is that expensive, how much did the food cost? Fear not! Though Puerto Madero IS very expensive, you can enjoy a gourmet choripan of your very own for around $5.00USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment